I have been working through my sewing room. I've been trying to organize my stash to get a handle on what I have and to identify UFO's. The first quilt I made was a blooming 9-patch. I finished the top in the class, got it to the quilter (Kim Butterbaugh) for quilting, & dutifully prepared my binding while waiting on Kim to finish. Got the quilt back from Kim. That was at least 6 years ago. Last week I managed to actually sew the binding on. Now it is on our bed. The fabric is all flowers and butterflies. The semi-custom quilting has butterflies mixed in. I have to make the label. Think I will call it Field of Dreams.
Started Something New
The ladies presenting the trunk show at The Davie County QG in July were selling kits, FQ, books, tools etc. I bought a Laurel Burch Christmas kit. I opened the kit up last week and put the top together. The sample and instructions called for rickrack for the ornament hangers. I am not a rickrac person. I found some funky fuzzy yarn in my stash. I think it is perfect. I'm am going to try to quilt this one myself. Wish me luck!
Started & Finished
Our quilt quilt, Triad Modern QG, is having a Potholder swap at our meeting tonight. I made 3 before deciding on which to give my secret partner.
The 1st 2 are made from an adorable pattern I found at a quilt shop in Maggie Valley NC. The cupcake icing is a pouch for your fingers so that you can better hold a hot pan.
The one below is a block called Grandma's hopscotch. The block was meant to be 12" so I stopped with the center and 1st surrounding row. I unwisely decided to make it an octagon (I was thinking snowball). I was not thinking that now I have 8 mitered corners to do. I took the binding off and reapplied once. Still not happy. Will have to take it off once more.
Can't tell you which one I am giving to my secret partner until after the meeting tonight.