Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Finished something, started something, started and finished something!

Retirement has been very busy for me.  I don't understand those folks who get bored.  I haven't had the time.


Finally Finished....

I have been working through my sewing room.  I've been trying to organize my stash to get a handle on what I have and to identify UFO's.  The first quilt I made was a blooming 9-patch.  I finished the top in the class, got it to the quilter (Kim Butterbaugh) for quilting, & dutifully prepared my binding while waiting on Kim to finish.  Got the quilt back from Kim.  That was at least 6 years ago.  Last week I managed to actually sew the binding on.  Now it is on our bed.  The fabric is all flowers and butterflies.  The semi-custom quilting has butterflies mixed in.  I have to make the label.  Think I will call it Field of Dreams.

Started Something New

The ladies presenting the trunk show at The Davie County QG in July were selling kits, FQ, books, tools etc.  I bought a Laurel Burch Christmas kit.  I opened the kit up last week and put the top together.  The sample and instructions called for rickrack for the ornament hangers.  I am not a rickrac person.  I found some funky fuzzy yarn in my stash.  I think it is perfect.  I'm am going to try to quilt this one myself.  Wish me luck!

Started & Finished

Our quilt quilt, Triad Modern QG, is having a Potholder swap at our meeting tonight.  I made 3 before deciding on which to give my secret partner.  

The 1st 2 are made from an adorable pattern I found at a quilt shop in Maggie Valley NC.  The cupcake icing is a pouch for your fingers so that you can better hold a hot pan.


The one below is a block called Grandma's hopscotch.  The block was meant to be 12" so I stopped with the center and 1st surrounding row.  I unwisely decided to make it an octagon (I was thinking snowball).  I was not thinking that now I have 8 mitered corners to do.  I took the binding off and reapplied once.  Still not happy.  Will have to take it off once more.

 Can't tell you which one I am giving to my secret partner until after the meeting tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Your blooming 9 patch is beautiful. I have never seen an ugly blooming 9 patch. I made one many years ago.
    Kim is a great quilter.
    The potholder swap was fun. Thanks again for my very cute potholder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornament quilt. The fabrics look absolutely modern. Good luck with blogging.....I shall be lurking and if you are having fun... I might create a blog too!

    ReplyDelete